We provide clients with a range of resources and connect them with others that have engaged in similar quality improvement efforts. A key resource developed by the Office of Accreditation and Quality Improvement in partnership with the lead author of the first Guidebook and used as part of our training and consultation services is: Embracing Quality in Public Health: A Practitioner’s Quality Improvement Guidebook
Please click here to access Embracing Quality in Public Health: A Practitioner’s Quality Improvement Guidebook.
The Office of Accreditation and Quality Improvement in partnership with the Michigan Department of Community Health has developed several quality improvement training documents through the Multi-state Learning Collaborative 3 (MLC-3) and Michigan's Local Public Health Accreditation Program. The following are selected training documents that health departments have found useful.
Quality Improvement Learning Sessions
- MLC-3 Overview MLC-3 Year 1
- A Brief Overview of Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement for Public Health MLC-3 Year 1
- Learning Session Training Presentation MLC-3 Year 2
- Learning Session Training Presentation MLC-3 Year 3
- Four Basic Principles of Quality Improvement
- 3 Key Questions of Quality Improvement
- PDSA Checklist
2009 Michigan Premier Public Health Conference Pre-session: National Accreditation and Quality Improvement
2010 Michigan Premier Public Health Conference Pre-session: Quality Improvement Tools and Techniques